One of Dunwoody's most historic buildings, the Cheek-Spruill House, is located across the street from our Practice. Preserving this “Dunwoody Farmhouse” is the primary reason the Dunwoody Preservation Trust was formed. This beautifully restored house was built in 1906 by Mr. Joberry Cheek for his son, Bunyan Cheek. In 1945, the home was purchased by Mr. and Mrs. Carey Spruill. Ultimately, the farmhouse was saved when Guardian Savings and Loan, out of Houston, TX, purchased the property in 1998 and donated the home and one half acre of land to the DPT. Discover more and consider supporting Dunwoody Preservation Trust.
McPHERSON’S DIVERGENT LINE OF MARCH July 17, 1864, At this road-fork (near old Providence Church), the 16th A.C. of the Army of the TENN., enroute from Roswell to Decatur, moved by the west fork toward Nancy’s Creek where it camped near old Cross Keys. The 15th A.C., followed by the 17th, continued S.E. on old Shallow Ford Rd. to Nancy’s Creek where they camped. Garrard’s cav. was posted on the left (east) of the 15th Corps. The primary purpose of McPerson’s march to Decatur was to seize & destroy the Georgia Railroad, between that place & Stone Mountain depot, nine miles N.E. of it. 044-2 Georgia Historical Commission 1954
The Animal Services Division is managed by LifeLine Animal Project, a non-profit organization whose programs strengthen the entire animal welfare community by promoting homeless pet adoption, providing affordable spay/neuter services, increasing public awareness, and advocating for lifesaving public policy. DeKalb County Animal Services
Best Friends and Atlanta Pet Rescue and Adoption (APRA) have merged. The center will serve as a lifesaving hub for animals and also a base to fill in gaps in local programming and build a coalition to help the metro-Atlanta area in its final push to no-kill. Visit volunteers.bestfriends.org to learn more, donate and view a list of volunteer opportunities
The Dunwoody Homeowners Association presented the award for 2016 Business of the Year to Dr. Douglas H. Morgan and Dunwoody Animal Hospital.
Dunwoody Animal Hospital has served Dunwoody and Sandy Springs pet owners quality veterinary services for over 40 years.
We are located near the intersection of Chamblee Dunwoody Road and Mount Vernon Road in the heart of Dunwoody, GA.